The mission at Queensville Montessori Academy is to uphold the philosophy and principles of Dr. Maria Montessori in an inspiring environment that embraces each child, promotes independence, respect and social responsibility, and emphasizes acceptance. To this end, we have a prepared classroom environment that is engaging and responsive to every child at each stage of development. We are committed to excellence in Montessori Education.
To achieve its mission, at Queensville Montessori Academy:
- Children are respected and guided in a positive manner that is appropriate to their age and development level.
- Children are encouraged to develop independence, self-respect and respect of others.
- Children are guided to develop initiative and their own personal interests fostering individual excellence.
- Children are exposed to learn about diverse cultural, religious and economic backgrounds to develop social skills and ethical standards.
- Children are offered an environment with “freedom within limits” while encouraging respect of others and self-discipline.
- Children are encouraged to experiment, observe and discover from all areas of the curriculum through their work and manipulation of concrete, hands-on learning materials.
- Children are presented with cultural diversity in the meeting of universal human needs.
- Children are instilled with an appreciation for historical achievements and a sense of responsibility for the future.
- Children learn about health, safety, nutrition and well-being.
- Children are supported and encouraged to have positive and responsive interactions among themselves, the adults in the classroom and parents.
- Children are given opportunities to experience the outdoor learning environment through active free-play, cooperative games and gardening.